CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rats Tails

I have my sister Sierra to thank for these babies.  She made them for a family get together years ago and I was sold.  They are awesome, always a hit and I make them every chance I get.  I took them to Jenns Super Bowl Party.  The recipie:

Rats Tails

12 small Jalapenos
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 package Thick Sliced Bacon

Wear rubber gloves.  Cut stem off Jalepenos and slice lenghwise, scrape out Jalepenos (get all the seeds out.)  Fill each Jalepeno half with cream cheese.  Cut Bacon in half and wrap 1/2 piece bacon around each Jalepeno, secure with a toothpick.  Grill on BBQ grill lined with foil or bake in oven at 350 in a foil or foil lined pan.  Cook until bacon is done.


Don't skip the gloves, Jalepenos don't wash off your hands well and hours later you'll wish you had.  I scrape them out with a spoon and then rinse the seeds off and pat them dry with a paper towel.

Then it's time to assemble.  It's pretty simple.  I love to BBQ them when it's warm out, but since it's freezing outside I opted to pu them in a foil pan to cook in the oven. 

I got them ready, covered and refrigerated them Saturday night so they would be ready to pop into the oven Sunday afternoon....it took about an hour at 350 to cook.  I always pour the bacon grease off and sit them on paper towels when they're done.  Because I was in such a hurry on Sunday I forgot to take a DONE photo, so I snagged this one I found online.  And here's the recipie card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment