CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tame it or Toss it: Desk Baskets

I have these three baskets that sit on top of the desk that's in our Gathering Room.  They are OUT of CONTROL!  They are meant to hold a few odd shaped items that we USE.  But they seem to have become  a collect-all for things that my family doesn't want to throw away. 

This is what you see from the staircase...not attractive.

Think I have my work cut out for me?  I threw away 80% of this stuff.  Took 10% to their rightful homes and was left with something much more manageable.
Tah-Dah!!!  much better!  Now I wont make a million excuses as how they got this bad, but it is so liberating to have them TAMED!  I haven't done the rest of the desk yet, that's why you don't get to see it.  But I will get to it eventually.  I wish I was more systematic about getting organized, but I kinda just go with what is driving me the most crazy or what I'm in the mood for.  I'm funny like that, but hey...as long as something is getting done right?  Hmmm, what to do next?

0 comments:

Post a Comment