CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Black Licorice Caramels

 I love, love, love Black Licorice Caramel!  A friend treated me to some a few years ago and every once in a while I will treat myself to the 3 for $1.00  pieces when I run accross them.  So it occured to me that I could make it, DUH.... and for a fraction of the price.... and I get to eat the WHOLE pan...yummm!! 

I found this recipie on KSL.com and Jenn and I gave it a try.  It turned out perfectly.  (and we split it...so really I didn't eat the whole pan....and my kids had a little, very little.)  I can't wait to make this for my mom!
oops, this photo is a little distorted, but here's the recipie......

Black Licorice Caramels

Ingredients:

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. butter (no substitutes)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp. anise (licorice) extract
black paste food coloring
Method:

Grease 9"x13" pan with butter. Combine first five ingredients in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture reaches 234 degrees on candy thermometer. (This will take 15-20 minutes.) Mixture will turn from pale yellow to golden brown. Stir in anise extract and enough black food coloring to make caramel dark black. Pour mixture in buttered pan and let cool. Cut into small squares and wrap each piece in waxed paper.

and last but not least...here's my fun recipie card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment