CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

What DID I get done today?

Ever have one of those days when you feel like you have accomplished nothing?  Thats me today.
So lets see what I did do...even if no one else can tell. 

I woke up a 7am to get the kids up for School.  Did 3 cute hair do's and put together equally as cute outfits for my little girls.....got myself pulled together......made my morning run to the JR. High to drop off Kylie....then headed to the Elementary School to volunteer.  Go figure I had to leave the Elementary a little early to go back to the JR. High and bring Kylie a notebook she had forgotten.  I stopped at my FAVE donut shop Madbrook for our usual Monday dozen and then home to start on my chores....I have a whole hour before my twins get home!  I scrubbed the bathrooms..... fed my girls..... then back to the bathrooms to spend another hour on the floor, baseboards and cabnets which really needed to be detailed....I broke out the cleaning toothbrush...I mean detailed!  I scrubbed everything and then orange oiled the cabnets...finally....why do I always wait so long, it makes such a big difference, they look amazing!
Deep Breathe.....
Off to pick up Ky from school.  When I got home I took some time to add cute scrapbook paper to my kids school work binders. A fun idea I saw on A bowl full of Lemons....one of my favorite blogs...thanks Toni!  I didn't have time to cut the vinal on my Cricut to add their names though....saving that for another day. (then I'll post pictures.)  Kenzie and Kaysn made it home and it was time for after school snacks (donuts...good thinking mom, that made it easy!)  Then we dive into homework, chores and stories about their days.  About and hour or more later...no after 5, I start dinner.  Taco soup tonight....yeah an easy one!  Switch laundry, and do a few more chores while waiting for B.  We all sit down and eat, more cleaning....  I check on my work for the night and download my files, I need to take a mental note of how big my night is going to be. 
I tell myself....okay, I can handle that.......
Then I leave the girls with B and take Kaysn to the Mall to pick out some pants....he really needs them!  I have to Brag...got two pairs of jeans at Aeropostale for $10. each!  I also bought him a more conservitive pair of jeans for $19.  and a t-shirt for $9.  (not as good of a deal but he had a gift card.)  This was our first trip to buy him clothes at an adult store.  He is a big, tough, football playing boy and just doesn't fit into kids sizes anymore.  We stopped on the way home and picked up Kylie from a friends...did I mention taking her to her friends house?  When we got home Kaysn and I did a little fitting and I pinned his pants so they can be hemmed.  He went to bed and I cleaned a little more then left my to hubby put them to bed.  I sit down and get started working.  I work an average of 5 hours a night from home...every little bit helps.  So now I'm done working and here I sit wishing I had just a few more hours in the day.  So many things I missed, so much I didn't do and wanted to. 

So there is a big, long, recap of my day.  See I did do something! 
I love my life and at the end of the day when I don't feel I am getting anywhere I need to remind myself sometimes of what I DID do....and after writing it out, it was a lot. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment